Friday, January 15, 2010

Penelope

Tonight we watched the 2006 DVD Penelope. The premise is that a wealthy man's son falls in love with a servant girl but as he announces his love and engagement to his family, they laugh and he ends up marrying a "blue blood" more suited to is class. The servant girls falls off a cliff and the mother of the girl, a local witch, comes to the estate and curses the family line with a curse: the next daughter born will be cursed to look like a pig until she can be loved by one of her own. It was a fun family movie to see. It left me with thoughts. Rebekah mentioned, "Mom, I think the movie was not about a curse at all. I think it was trying to show us that we need to learn to love ourselves!" I agree. In the end, Penelope is speaking about the story to her little students and one remarks when she finished, "It's always the mother's fault!"

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love that movie!!!

Matt and Melissa said...

I really enjoyed that movie too (I think Matt did also)!

Susie is hilarious! I love the not soup but sugar comment. That's great. Sam and Susie would rather eat sugar than any real food wouldn't they.