Monday, January 11, 2010

Joe's (and Julie's?) New Year's Resolution!

Joe came up with a resolution this year on New Years: He informed me that he does not think we should buy chocolate in 2010! (by this, he also means "we" in other words, Julie should not buy chocolate in 2010 either). I was a hard sell on this. In other years it has been to focus on exercise or temple attendance, or eating two vegetables at each meal. I broke the resolution on January second. Joe reminded me in the car as I was offering him a piece of newly acquired Daim Swedish chocolate (which he took and ate by the way)! (We had been shopping for the first time at the Swedish mega-store Ikea. I have wanted to go to Ikea since they announced there would be one in a near by city, opening in 2007). So, it will be (or seem like) a long year--2010. If you have pity on me and you are buying chocolate...enjoy a piece for me and if you really want brownie points in heaven--drop or send some by!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Hmm. Chocolate is good. Why would anyone want to give it up? lol
Good luck. I like chocolate, but lately the salt craving is worse than the sweet. Maybe I need to give up salty things.

Becca said...

I wonder if you could by cacao beans (and make your own chocolate)? :)

Jason and Jamie said...

Perhaps that's a great resolution after you have the baby--maybe the baby likes chocolate! Are you all ready for another little one? For me no chocolate would be a very hard resolution to keep.