Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year, New Books!

This year, as usual, I have been listening to new audio books and occasionally get to actually hold a book in my hands and read it. I have been listening to the Gregor the Overlander series by Suzanne Collins (author of The Hunger Games). One that I am having a hard time letting go is Eoin Colfer's The Supernaturalists. It was read by a great reader and actor. The storyline maybe similar to Jane Eyre in a male modern day format and perhaps that is why it resignates with me. It tells the story of an orphan, Cosmo Hill and his escape from a state-run orphanage and his rescue by a group of other orphans whom he joins to help the world. I love the hint of another, better life and the idea that these teens are doing their best to better a stark modern world. Happy Reading 2010!

No comments: