Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Party for Susie

Susie had a wonderful birthday! Aunt Melissa called and invited Susie to come and play with cousins: Eli, Sam, Andrew, and Cami. (She has been the angel watching Ashton children while mama Lisa is in the hospital with undiagnosed headaches). Susie was excited to bring My Little Pony fruit snacks to share. This allowed me to grocery shop, clean, and get to baking cupcakes. On the way home from picking her up she fell asleep and gave the girls and I time to make an angel food cake (for the adults I anticipated coming). We had a little celebration for Susie tonight. We were grateful for Aunt Beth (and her support), Jackson, and Lolly, Grammy, and Pop Pop who came to wish her well. We enjoyed balloons, homemade and store bought presents, and fun party foods: Pirates Booty, pizza, Pink Lemonade, Strawberries and Cream Sponge cake, Ice cream varieties: Vanilla, Creamery Cookies and Cream, and Creamery Real Raspberry, JuJu Hearts, Marshmallow hearts, cinnamon hearts, Fruit by the Foot favors...Lots of laughter, running wild, and wind rattling through the house as another sotrm blows in tonight.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like lots of fun and delicious food. I want some of those cupcakes!

Tammy said...

What a fun party. Happy Birthday Susie! I hope Lisa feels better soon and that they find out what is causing the headaches. Please keep us posted!

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the cupcakes! Happy 3rd Birthday Susie!

Elizabeth said...

That last comment was from me--Jamie-- not Elizabeth I didn't realize my mother in law was logged on!