Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It Came!

It Came! Our Families Blog Book from 2007-2008. A bit of our family's history, bound, published, and in color. Thanks to Joseph for pushing we get it slurped and being patient but ordering it anyway when I really wanted to upload more pictures into the text only entries...The girls and I sat down on the couch and read, and reread all the events that had taken place and remembered. Please, if you don't blog--journal. Journal just a little bit. It doesn't have to be important stuff only...although I would recommend children's birth days, blessings, anniversaries, days of gratitude, etc. I will too. I will do better at keeping a journal: daily, weekly, monthly. Each year for the last five years I use a 50% off coupon (if they are not all ready on sale) and go to Roberts Craft Store and buy a three ring binder with colored vinyl. I then write on the side in the handy clear pocket provided on the back of a precut index card, Julie's Journal 2010. (The writing is all in purple Sharpee marker--consistently different I guess). Inside, I am able to stick in children's artwork, ticket stubs, cards (when I get them) from husband and family, and paper that my dad prints for me for my birthday (which is simply lined three ring binder paper). I love the binder because my artsy, try to be organized but never really pull it off self, can get behind and not fret. I don't have to do things in order. I can add e-mail print outs and old cards, etc. anytime throughout the year (or the following year when I am cleaning) and it doesn't matter! My children's favorite bedtime book of all time is my (or Joe's) journal. They love to hear the funny things they did or said. They like the good days as well as the Alexander's Horrible No Good, Very Bad Day days. Plus, they like to see the artwork they did that I date and sign with their names in clear plastic sleeves spread throughout my journal. (For those who don't like to keep the originals because the art is too bulky, etc. You can take a digital picture to remember it and then not feel so badly about recycling their treasures!) Whatever works for you...JOURNAL!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is so exciting! I am working on making our blog from last year into a book. For now, it is my journal. I hope I get it done before next year! Thanks for the inspiration and sharing your excitement with me.