Monday, September 29, 2008

Endocrinologists Report

Monday, I got back from the doctor and his analysis of the Women's Panel (blood tests) taken last week...Jonathan and Susie came with me to the lab. Jonathan was quick to point out the six HUGE vials of blood taken with a comment similar to "Wow, look Mom--that all came out of you!" Endocrinologist's Report: Infarcted Posterior Pituitary, Sheehan's Syndrome, Centralized Hypothyroidism=Forever Tired! (Also, I was put on supplements to increase thyroid receptors effectiveness and given a synthetic thyroid prescription). Jonathan used to think this statue was him when he was younger and we visited Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. My older daughters used to run and hug the children. (If you look closely, the finger of the boy and the doll's hand re rubbed shiny gold).

3 comments:

RJ said...

Oh my goodness, Julie. I don't even know what most of those words mean, but I am sure feeling for you! I'm sending my far away support and empathy! I can't imagine having any other reason besides four kids for being tired! You are a saint. Seriously. Love you and thanks for all your generous help!

Jason and Jamie said...

Sorry to hear about the reports--will the supplements and medicine help you be less tired? I sure hope so! With that on top of your family no wonder you are exhausted!

Julie said...

The diagnosis simply means that after one of my labors, I dropped a lot of blood and damaged my pituitary gland (which distributed hormones to the body). I will be on thyroid medication for the rest of my life...same as my mom and sis.