Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tomorrow's Another Day!

Wow--guess this is just a country kind of time for me lately! (Does that mean my husband left me, my dog left me, and I've turned to the bottle...NO!) Aww, just some comic relief. (I am laughing at my pathetic attempt at humor...laugh or cry sometimes, right?) Susie is very sad right now because I am not helping her (properly) to dress her water-babies (actually H and R's) the way she wants me to. I had to sit down and write a follow up. I was so touched by your comments to my last post. Thank you for caring. I know many of you have your own day to day challenges as well. Monday was challenging because we anticipated it was surely something and it turned out to be the longer, more life changing MS. The brain MRI and spinal puncture were performed early in the afternoon. The MRI results came back first and showed brain legions as big as 1.4 cm. The mood turned bleak. All results will not be back from the spinal tap for a few days. Still, the neurologist at that point was fairly certain of Multiple Sclerosis. There are different forms and we live in a good age where some medications (I.V. steroids and gamma) make living with a chronic illness better. Mike returned back to work (and a training session) at 6:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. He still struggles walking and driving himself currently because of numbness. He believe this is just another trial to overcome and does not want this to become a label. he told few people at work (only those responsible to know) and by the end of the day most colleagues were coming up to him and saying comments like, "I just heard man...and I am real sorry). He is still upbeat. He laughed. "It's like people are greeting me like I am dead." His fiance, Beth, is a positive light in his life and supporting his treatment. They will work out their own sort of balance I am sure. R, J, and baby were home sick today. Beth's children have had the stomach flu the past couple of days and so that may be coming to our house too. Hope not. Oh well. We had some sweet smelling rain this morning and my sister Amy got me some fresh raspberries at a great price. Is anything more delicious than a fresh raspberry? O.k. you don't have to anwswer that one but we devored two little containers of them (and had Grainola and apple sauce for dinner)...it was one of those kind of days, homework, missed schoolwork and errands. Time runs so fast lately.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

We continue to hope that Michael gets his MS under control. :)
And no, there is nothing better than fresh, ripe rasberries. :)

Jason and Jamie said...

So is that the final diagnosis MS? Thankfully there are medicines now that help that. I love fresh raspberries too!