Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Baby Shower

Hostesses Melissa and Cora
Beth explaining how a cat bit her several times on the hands and arms yesterday. (She is a pet groomer).
Tired, wounded, Beth, thanks for coming.
Beth's swollen, red, septic, achy hands.
Mother and Grandma
Hannah, Amy and Melissa
Appetizers: Spinach dip, pineapple, ice cream sundaes, lemon bread (not pictures, all eaten up).
Pastry Chef Cherry Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls
Melissa prepares a soothing foot bath for me (to help heal from my charlie horses/inflammation). AHHHhh!
Ice cream sundaes and making baby hair bows activity.
Self Portrait of me and my girls!
Mom and Me with her presents for our sweet little lady (coming soon?)
My sweet Sister-in-law, Melissa, hosted a baby shower for me because she explained "every baby should be celebrated." It was hard to have all the attention. Thank you, Mom, Melissa, Amy, and Beth for coming to support me and my little one. This is a busy time with Spring Break. I am still very touched by your love and support. (Are the tears from pregnancy?). Melissa and Amy brought ice cream toppings, Mom brought sweet rolls to share, Beth brought a picnic lunch for our children and me a huge cup of Melon frozen yogurt (divine!). We had fun talking, swapping baby girl clothes, making flower and ribbon hair accessories, talking, playing with Baby Cora and Callie, opening presents (pink hooded bath towel, baby bracelet, hair bow, pink shoes, and a nursing cover, Newborn outfit, soft blanket, etc.) and having "Girl Time" while the other ten children destroyed Melissa's home (upstairs and down) in the meanwhile. We missed Beth briefly while she visited Grandpa (a doctor) and got an antibiotic shot (have I mentioned what a miracle Rocephin is?) and some TLC. We were excited Beth will show us her new baby mare (nine days old)! **Post edit: Thank you dear family and online friends for your well wishes! (Wish you could have joined the celebration!). I appreciate YOU and your kindness.

6 comments:

Mom4ever said...

I'm glad you had a baby shower for this little one. I scrolled down the list of pictures hoping to see the "almost there" belly shot...ta-da! You look amazing; it doesn't look like you've gotten bigger anywhere else but your belly! How did you manage that - and after several previous children? Lucky! :o)

Jenny said...

That looks like a wonderful baby shower. I love the idea to make bows for the baby. Melissa is right, every baby should be celebrated. Isn't my sister wonderful? :)

Matt and Melissa said...

I'm glad you had fun! It was great to get together and visit. Really the kids didn't destroy what was already a huge mess! We are so excited for you to have your baby girl here soon. I know you say you have a lot to do, but when that baby comes you will forget it all and just enjoy the baby. Can't wait! Love ya.

Julie said...

Thanks so much for the kind comments! Yes, Jenny, your sister IS amazing. Thanks for throwing the shower for me and Rachel (Mom4ever), had you lived closer--it would have been so nice to have seen you.
Joe and I have been so busy lately that I am tired. I think it is gearing up the excitement (and courage) to birth this baby at this point.

Jason and Jamie said...

Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful shower! i agree that every baby should be celebrated! hang in there--not too much longer!!!!

Katy said...

I agree with everyone else, every baby deserves to have a party!! It looks like it was a blast. Not much longer to go. You look beautiful!