Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Mini Miracle

Feeling overwhelmed today. I am trying to fix up my home fast for a sit down dinner with the Elder's Quorum and their children (47 ppl.) tonight at 6:00 p.m. Wishing my decorating was done and my house was perfectly clean and my children were the same. Catch the word *perfect* in there. I am happy people are coming to my home and hope that they will sense peace, joy, or anything but mess and a bit of madness here. It would be easier if I knew these people well and we were all *real.* Perhaps we will make some true friends over the next decade living here. **Post-Edit...After writing this, I showered, prayed, and got moving even faster. Joe joined me at 4:00 and flew into action too. Joe's sister Anne saved the day shopping for us, baking the lasagnas in her HUGE oven, getting her son Mick to slice up veggies for the salad and bring over her large pots and salad bowl. Joe admitted we might have gotten in a little too deep on this one. Also, in hindsight, I would have happily paid Merry Maids (although money is scare) or some such service to come and dust and clean for me so I could focus on organizing and helping my toddler and baby. Live and Learn, Jules!

1 comment:

Jason and Jamie said...

i can relate all too well to this post! hopefully everything turned out well with the dinner and you had a good time despite all of the stress getting ready for the dinner. hopefully today is a stress free day for you!