Sunday, October 17, 2010

Jigglers, Toffee, and Hives

"Hat" by Rebekah (Medium: Jell-o Jigglers)
The day after the big Halloween shindig at our house and I slept in until 11:00! (Of course the baby was up at 6 and I fed her and was putting her back to sleep until 8:00 a.m.) At church I realized that I could do (and have in the past) a lot better at daily scripture reading and prayer. After church the girls raced home to try out their Jell-o Jigglers. This is Rebekah's picture of two types together. In the evening we wondered, "what do we do with over cooked caramel?" We made Toffee popcorn and roasted nut brittle. While taking a break from cooking, I noticed what I thought were mosquito bites and then realized were hIvEs. Oh dear! These are the more mild and modest of photos (I knew you would thank me for not putting up the extensive and "only want to see in a dermatologist photo album" ones). It is so nice to have doctors in the family. Dad thinks an antibiotic I have been taking for sinusitis is suspect. (These phots were taken after three hours on Benedryl and Zantac. Also Triamcimalone for itching). Yes, they are very itchy--like little fire ants biting all over me at various, uncoordinated times. Yes, blogging does take my mind of the itch and random zing. It's going to be a long night.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yuck. I hate hives. Best luck to you in getting rid of them.

Jason and Jamie said...

Hives are no fun at all! hope they are all gone now and you figured out what caused them to avoid it in the future!