Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Gift of Promised Sleep

My sweet man brought home a present for me last night...the gift of promised sleep. Joe whispered that that was what he had in mind when he bought these pajamas for me. Aren't they cute? What a sweet man. In reality, I have yet to actually receive that gift, but with the choice of pajamas, he had that in mind. I put these on, Joe got in bed, and Jonathan began crying. After nights of crying...we learned he had an ear infection. Then came Susie's cold--that she gave to the baby (snuffle, snuffle, snort, breathe, cry, try to nurse in the middle of the night). Add to that an insane schedule --something every night kind and I hold these pajamas in my hands and day dream that that full night of sleep will come...sometime before the children grow up. One can always (day) dream!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Ojala que duermas esta noche. (God grant that you sleep tonight.)

Jason and Jamie said...

I can relate to wanting sleep all to well!!!! hopefully it comes for you sooner than later!