Saturday, July 3, 2010

Joe's 20th High School Reunion

THS 1990 Class Reunion... Joe's friends Matt Heaton, Matt Aaron, Suzanne Shurig, Dawn Gifford.
Joe and Eva make a connection.
We're pathetic...only one (poor) photo at the High School Reunion picnic.
I'm laughing because a six year old and then a three year old is taking our picture.
Joel Wright...Card carrying member of the ACLU and Senior Class President THS 1990.
Stu and Lisa, A THS class couple
Lisa and Little Annabel
This afternoon we had a picnic in the park with Joe's classmates of twenty years ago and our families. The messages of many were similar...thank goodness for life outside of high school and for the opportunity to grow and learn who one really is. It seems amazing that we are celebrating twenty years after high school. One gal commented that once one has children "the days drag by like years and the years fly by like days." That seems about right. In the evening, we drove up the canyon to Sundance and met for dinner in the Rehearsal Hall and a very short program. I had the opportunity to sit at the table across from my sister Lisa, her husband, and their friends. I was surprised by feeling ten years old again and like my sister's tag along. It was nice to mingle after dinner with other associates and remember good times. (Funny how once your an "adult" I assumed I would be beyond those insecurities that haunted me in childhood). Next year my twentieth reunion...then nine more years until Joe's Thirtieth!

No comments: