Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer Day Evening

Hannah hams it up.
Rebekah has double trouble.
Sparkler Ninja!
"I can do it myself (my own shoes too)!"]
In the evening, for our Family Night Activity and in remembrance of Pioneer Day our family drove to the back parking lot of a nearby school to light off fireworks. Joe taught Jonathan to use matches. At first thought this seemed foolish to me. Then I saw Jonathan attempt to light a "Strike Anywhere" match on the asphalt holding the tip about 1 cm. from his fingers. We had fun with a small box of cheap fireworks and sparklers and another small family watched with their almost two year old son. When it was over we picked up all our fireworks and the other remains left by those before us, and drove away just as a light sprinkle of rain began. The sunset was especially beautiful tonight.

No comments: