Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Crafty Children

I regret writing that my Valentines intentions were better than my follow through. With two printers and a computer on the fritz--I never finished the gift jar that I wrote about for Joe. (Still carry guilt around for that one.) He did read about it on the blog and I think he understands because Valentines turned out to be a "cope through this nauseating illness starting with me and going through the family the following week." Rebekah, made the above jar (for no special occasion or reason) and presented it to Joe at the computer calling it "The Parent's Reward Jar." Inside are hand written notes on small pieces of paper, like:
  • 1 breakfast in bed
  • Free babysit
  • 1 car wash
  • Kids make lunch
  • Your choice
  • Kids make breakfast
  • Clean 1 room
  • vacuum 1 room
  • 1 backrub
  • kids make dinner
These little notes are written in red Sharpie on pink, blue, and green scraps of paper. How sweet and fun! (I'll have to remember to follow through and use them). Just wanted to jot down some memories quick each day. I went into Hannah' s room and the bag (pictured above) was hanging from her bedstead. "Hannah, where did this come from?" "Oh, I made it from one of Aunt Lavon Alises' old jackets last Saturday night, when I was bored." There you have it. I think it is quite clever. Of course, cleaning up after crafts is not their strong suit. Mom and Rebekah cleaned out her bed (under that lumpy comforter) and took care of scissors, paper, scraps of felt, ribbons, and misc. craft bits and bobs (books, stuffed animals, and an apple) that have been "sleeping" in there with her for quite awhile last week end.

1 comment:

Mom4ever said...

I REALLY like the parents reward jar idea! :-D
Gotta say though, apples should NEVER sleep under beds.