Friday, March 12, 2010

Blessings?!

Yesterday, our nice wood flooring man, Kyle, talked to me about other options for the expensive, ready to give up, home repairs after the second contractor called and said he didn't feel he could help us with our drainage problems and Spa House remodel. We received items we had ordered online: a baby car-seat, bassinet (folding travel bed with a top), and stroller to replace some of the items that were thrown out when the sewers backed up into our storage area in the Spa House. Time seems so precious lately. At 35 weeks and still so far from being ready for this baby. (A big baby, it seems. Our biggest yet. She may top Rebekah's 7/13). Children enjoyed biking and playing outdoors in the sunny but cool springtime-is-coming weather. At dusk, Susie and I headed to Cosco. I have put off prescriptions and groceries for so long we were Mother Hubbard. While almost to the checkout I get a phone call from Joe. "Julie, I'm so glad you answered your phone! I need a ride. I have just been in an accident and my car is being towed." My first response was to ask if he was joking. "Of course not!" was his reply. He was traveling home on 8th North and was driving through an intersection when a man on a revoked license ran the red and smashed into him. The other man was going so fast that his car spun and landed out of the intersection on the opposite side. (Joe was in the middle lane and a big truck on his left obscured his vision). The man was traveling in a car owned by his wife or girlfriends parents, with no license. They had a two year old girl in the back seat. Both cars were towed. Joe was reflecting how it was too bad he bought a new car in December and was not driving his 1997 Honda. I did okay until he told me what the woman in the car said...something to the effect of "tell you wife... we are grateful her husband didn't die!" Joe and I laughed this morning when we were reading a "what to expect in the 35 week of pregnancy" and it was talking about a mom-to-be's wildly changing emotions.

4 comments:

Mom4ever said...

How scary! I'm glad you still have a husband too! (It is too bad about the car though.)

Tammy said...

How scary. I'm glad he is ok.

Jenny said...

Heart-stopping madness. I'm glad Joe is fine. Too bad about the car.

Jodi said...

Yikes!!! I hope things get better soon!!!