Friday, May 1, 2009

Our Anniversary

Joe and I celebrated our twelfth Anniversary today. Pop Pop watched Susie so Joe and I could attend sealings at the temple. Grammy had left us a sweet pair of porcelain turtle doves and a card. We ate at Toucanos Brazilian Grill and met with Matt, Melissa Clayton and Nick Coleman to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. In the evening, I looked around at the sweet faces of our children during scripture time. Every one had their own book and was reading. For the first time, little Susie had found a small purse copy of the Book of Mormon and had cracked it open and was quietly "reading" random words aloud while one of us read--very cute! I am in awe tonight at the blessings Heavenly Father has showered upon us (me) in our short years together. I am sure I did not picture the incredible souls who would join our family when we embarked on this journey of marriage in 1997. Each child we have prayed here in faith and as I hold Susie tonight, I marvel at her whole body after such a difficult labor and the joy she and each child has brought to us. Hannah wove a Potholder gift for us and the picture of the family was taken on April 2 at the wedding of Mike and Beth (my sister-in-law to my brother!). Can you tell who our funny man is?

2 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow 12 years! You have such a beautiful family--the look on Jonathan's face is classic in that picture!

Mom4ever said...

You're a great-looking bunch! I'm glad you've had a very rich 12 years together.