Saturday, May 23, 2009

Live a Thousand Lives...

"Live a Thousand Lives...Read a Thousand Books." I can't seem to live without a book (or books rather). I have books in my room, car, and on different levels of my home. Currently, I am reading Love, Stargirl (the sequel to Stargirl) by Jerry Spinelli. (I used to read Maniac Magee to my Sixth Graders, a great read about an unusual boy). Stargirl is like Maniac Magee in that they both increase my perception for unusual people who have something to teach us about humanity.) I've updated my Books Read 2009. We watch hardly any tv. I've cut out mostly all news except NPR. I'm so grateful I can live a thousand lives because I enjoy the one I'm living, as well as the others I live vicariously!

2 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

Have you ever read Wringer by Jerry Spinelli? I have had it for years and never read it, but I have really liked his other books. . .

Jodi said...

ME TOO!!! I have been officially designated (by myself--is that official?) as a bibliophile or alternately a bookaholic. We should compare reading lists sometime!