Saturday, October 25, 2008

In Loving Memory, Rob Springman

Robert Earl Springman
Robert Earl Springman 1948 ~ 2008 Age 60, was born on January 9, 1948 in Ogden, Utah. I died, reluctantly, on October 18, 2008. The cause of my passing is not an important issue. What is more meaningful is to note what mark was left, showing that I passed this way, on what I hope is a much longer journey.The high water mark in my life is my family, followed closely by some very cherished friends. My best friend, partner, lover and confidant is, was and always will be Christine Clayton Springman. We were married for 37 wonderful years. Together we saw and did a lot. However, our most lasting accomplishment is five independent, free spirited, beautiful children. They are, from oldest to youngest, Jessica Marie Volsic, my son-in-law, Eric David Volsic and their children, my beautiful grandchildren, Madaline Victoria and Stephan Alexander, Jamie Robert Springman, Dannielle Christine Springman, Robin Amber Springman, and Alexandra Nicole Springman. Because of you there has never been a happier nor richer person alive and I will miss you all the most. My mother and father, Ruby Greenhalgh Springman and Robert Andrew Springman left here quite some time ago. I hope to see them again. My sister, Judy Ann Wilson, and her family, were the only link to an extended family we had. The visits and telephone calls really meant a lot, thanks. One brother, Richard Fred Springman, still resides in Salt Lake City, Utah. To you I apologize for not being more of a brother. Finally, to Doug, Butch, Woody, Loren, my friends and family, I want you to get together to celebrate life and help Chris and the kids. This joyous occasion will be on Sat., October 25, 2008, from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. at my home located at 9912 Ridge Drive, Indianapolis, IN. If you would like to send flowers, that is fine, but I would rather help a noble cause and the noblest I know is the Dachshund Rescue. My family is helping to make a donation in my name to this organization. Thank you for any help you can offer them to make this happen. This is no time to get churchy on me so, promise to dig out the old albums and play them real loud. Chill a few bottles of Korbel, Miller, Coke and Bud. Open a bottle of Kahlua and some Crown Royal and remember the good times. Celebrate life and not death. I will live on if you keep my memory alive. I love you all. Final arrangements entrusted to Shirley Brothers Fishers-Castleton Chapel *Thank you Alex Springman for the nice pictures of your father.

2 comments:

Becca said...

How interesting to have it written from his perspective. Did he write it himself? Do you know how long ago?

Sorry to hear of the deaths in the family. Thank you for posting this so I could learn some about him and what mattered most in his life.

Julie said...

Alex Springman wrote me a beautiful letter and offered the nice photos of her dad. She mentioned how grateful they were that he wrote this some 20 yrs ago and told them to hang onto it "just in case" they ever needed it.
You can write to the Springmans on their quest page in the Salt Lake Tribune Obituaries online until Nov. 21--if I remember correctly.