Monday, June 9, 2008

Keepin' It Real

Tagged by Jamie Keepin' It Real The Rules are no straightening, cleaning, or wiping your child's nose! Right away, take pictures of the following things: 1) The Refrigerator 2) My Closet 3) Kitchen Sink 4) Toilet I have five bathrooms (and a sixth in an adjoining old jacuzzi house) to choose from...I cleaned all the house toilets in a post midnight frenzy last week after Susie showed an interest in playing in the toilets. 5) My Favorite Shoes Quick to throw on and chase children...They sometimes mysteriously disappear and end up by the backyard trampoline! (Miss H? Miss R?) 6) My Favorite Room I like the way the sun in the late afternoon plays across the floor. We have wooden blinds ordered for the window in the left corner and upstairs in the newly built front entryway. 7) What my Children are Doing right Now Jonathan and (library copy of) The Backyardigans! (He was playing Ollo on the computer earlier and learning to clean the kids' bathroom earlier with mom). Susie is napping in her sidecar. Ahh, no toilet playing, cupboard exploring, wet wipe stealing, hiding, little lady right now! I know exactly where she is during her hour long afternoon nap! Miss H and Miss R are jumping on the trampoline...waiting for mom to take them to the library. 8) Laundry Pile Like I wrote about earlier, Joe calls this room (the laundry room) the "Room of Depression" and does his best to avoid it completely lately...Anyone have Troll Helga's Magic iron wax and laundry soap? (We have been behind since baby four, fifth pregnancy...) 9) Self Portrait Not a self portrait...Can't find where I put it in Adobe. Miss R took this one of me holding her Mother's Day present (after finding it). It was a bundle of sweet smelling flowers she had collected for me and a card she made for me at school. 10) Dream Vacation I have many "dream" vacations...This is one Joe and I took from a yacht in Bora Bora. Would love to take my family and go back! I would also love to return to Finland, or see England, Prince Edward's Island, more of Scandinavia, etc. I Tag Melissa, Jenny, Rachel, and Andrea.

6 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

how do you keep susie swaddled still? ours could always break out when they were about 7 months old. . she looks so content--not like she wants to play in toilets!

RJ said...

Oh I KNEW you were going to tag me!!! I decline! With a big fat NO WAY, sista! But I sure enjoyed yours, especially your laundry pile that rocked and I love Joe's name for it, something Davey would say too:). I also especially enjoyed the one of Susie swaddled, that's awesome! Sophia sleeps buck naked in this heat, so I can't even try to swaddle her again! OH MY, we are melting like the wicked witch of the west over here. Except we're in the East.

Julie said...

Two years ago at Christmas, my son asked for a "cozy" blanket. W found minky fleece blankets for around $8 in various colors (all my children got blankets in different colors...light blue was left over and so the unborn baby ended up with that color). I love blankets that are BIG and I still swaddle toddlers and even a grumpy older child...we play that I eat them like a hot dog with toppings or a doughnut. Sometimes, it works and they are so sleepy they zonk out before they unravel themselves, he he :).

Matt and Melissa said...

your closet looks very organized! I will respond to the tag but it just might take a few days!

RJ said...

Oh Joe is funny. My reasons for declining center more around time constraints and embarrassment at my closet :).

Jenny said...

Julie, I will respond to your blog as soon as I can borrow a camera (Dallin broke ours by pushing in the zoom lens) and settle down from a week of tiling the master bath. My closet is torn apart because of the tile. This should be fun.
Jenny