Monday, June 9, 2008

Keepin' It Real, Not Yet!

Last night, I sat down to my computer to do the Keepin' It Real Tag and felt my life was a little "too real." No camera. I walked through the rooms looking for my camera (which mysteriously kept disappearing) and soon felt discouraged by four children's undoings faster than one slow momma can do. I have had to make a conscious choice to allow some clutter and mess to not detract from being "a joyful mother of children." In my heart is still the adage "cleanliness is next toGodliness" or some such notion. It sure is easier to be a joyful mother of children when the house is not coming apart at the seams! Later in the evening, when it looked like no one would be coming to join us for games, we sat down as a family and enjoyed our secret Fun Popcorn treat (chopped nuts, M&Ms, marshmallows, caramel sauce, etc.) and a game of Ticket to Ride. Miss H and Miss R played along with Mom and Dad. Jonathan and Susie slowly destructed what was left of an orderly living room and I tried to relax and enjoy my family time together.

No comments: