Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentines Sweetheart

Twas the night before Valentines and all through the house, not a creature was sleeping--not even the mouse! We had fun making this: Cinnamon Cookie Crunch Popcorn from "Our Best Bites" online. (I made two huge batches but wished I had time to make more to give to all our Valentines...) I put together this basket for my Valentine and left it by the back door for him to take to work. This year I was grateful to sleep in a little after getting the older children off to school. It was the best gift I could receive after running on so little sleep this past week. I woke up and came downstairs--only to find that I was several hours late! My Valentine had left notes and surprises that started at 8:00 a.m.! Good thing I had a lot of help catching up from Princess and Baby. (Note the roses are very interesting--an "animal print" on them.) Princess was very excvited to take my picture... Princess prefers chocolate covered...Baby and I like the berries!
Juju Hearts!
When I asked about the books--he stumbled upon a "Sweetheart" sale at the library by work. What do you think? Are you ready for some British Bad Boys!? Hm... This chocolate is interesting. The longer you suck on a piece the more flavors you taste. Definitely dark (not the eat it and taste sweet kind).
Thank you, Valentine! I (we?) loved the notes and treasure hunt for gifts. You spoil me. Hope you had a Happy Valentines too!

4 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day! What fun Valentine's traditions you have! I like the idea of the bird!

Mom4ever said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! Good job, Joe!

Tammy said...

That is so cool. I'm glad you (and your helpers) had a great day.

Julie said...

Thank you, friends. Hope you had a happy day too.