Saturday, March 26, 2011

BYU Traditions Ball

Several weeks ago, Joe bought tickets to the BYU Traditions Ball at the Hinckley Center. He was not sick at the time. Right up until 8:00 p.m. (when it began), he thought he might be able to go. He could not. He felt too awful. We tried to give the tickets away at the last minute with no success, so I went with another man. My little man. We had a nice time. He dressed up in his new Easter suit (with tube socks and sandals because he couldn't find his church shoes). I was chauffeur. He was entertainment. We had not counted on it raining. He held my hand while we ran in the rain. He told me he enjoys most anything with cheese. He does not know what he wants to be or do when he grows up. He likes to draw. He was disappointed that there is not lots of candy at the dance. He thinks there should be lots of candy available. When you are seven, cut up fruit, vegetables and dip, do not count as dessert at a dance. He learned the side to side dance move. We "side to sided" to the door. Every date needs dessert. He bought me and him Earths Best Yogurts from the twenty dollar bill I slipped into his sock. (He only has decorative pockets). The above photo only shows the first of many layers of toppings, surrounded by a thin layer of melted yogurt. Next year I hope to attend with my other man. This year I am grateful for my little man.

1 comment:

Mom4ever said...

How sweet - way to bond! What a fun memory to create. ^.^