Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Exhaustion

Eva weighs in a hefty four ounces heavier than last week. Yes, that is right, a whopping 6 lbs. 11 oz. The beginning of creation is chaos. I am walking through each (messy) room in a daze lately. That is her crying, again. She must have realized she is sleeping (alone)...after all, it has been five whole minutes since I put her in bed. Do you know how much mess a three year old can make when bored of "Max and Ruvy (Ruby)"? Yesterday alone she "played" or ate in each room on the main floor...brought me her toddler potty (a step stool) full of urine, swang in the tiny infant portable swing, spilled blueberry yogurt across the newly cleaned hard wood floor, brown carpet, etc. Microwaved hard candies which melted and hardened all over the glass plate, pushed the stool over to the locked basement door, unlocked it and went exploring in her sister's rooms, etc. Yes, she is neglected at times. We cuddle and I read to her when I feed Eva and she plays with siblings when they get home from school. Post Edit: Last night I was particularly tired. I didn't even pump before bed! (Gasp! I know--can you believe it!). I usually feel like I am drowning with a new baby for about 6-7 weeks...just not remembering the work. This kiddo has hypoglycemia and is particularly sleepy. It is no wonder she is not gaining weight because she honestly does not stay awake for a full feeding without much prodding and work. (My first daughter was this way...thankfully the children in between have not been.) SO, I am breastfeeding AND bottle feeding AND cleaning out pump equipment, finger feeders, and storage containers in between. (It's like having a hungry narcoleptic--anytime she is awake, she is "starving" typically. Thanks for letting me "whine" a bit. Pity party over, I hope all is well in your lives and I look forward to reading and catching up on your blogs when Eva is two or three months old.

8 comments:

Mom4ever said...

I am feeling much sympathy.

There's such a precious, short time between highly dependent infancy and overly independent toddlerhood - when your body starts to become more "yours" again, but you still get plenty of great baby-snuggles. I wish that part lasted longer!

Tammy said...

thinking of you today. I wish we were closer and I could help out. Hang in there!

Jodi said...

I'm so sorry!!! If I lived close by, Susie could come and play with Jake every day. They would get in all sorts of mischief, but at least it would be at my house and not yours...

Matt and Melissa said...

We NEED to have Suzie over! What day next week would she like to play. I'm sure you would like a day with just Eva.

Ginny said...

just reading this makes me tired. i am so sorry you are all having to work so hard at the feeding part!! best of luck in the next few weeks!!!

Julie said...

Thanks for your kind responses to my exhaustion...We will make it through (hopefully :)
Eva's cheeks are beginning to fill out and she reminds me more of a baby and less of a toothless old man or hungry baby ostrich now.
Had a nice Mother's Day--hope you did too!

Becca said...

Hang in there. This too shall pass...eventually!

Jason and Jamie said...

I'm sorry that you're so exhausted! hopefully the feeding gets better before 6 or 7 weeks! hang in there!