Friday, November 20, 2009

New Mooners

Yes, we did. Was it crazy? Probably. Hannah was a willing sitter. (All the children slept through, thankfully). Last week, Joe and I picked up tickets online for a New Moon showing at 12:11 a.m. this morning. We stood in line with people of various ages. I haven't seen fan reaction like this one since Harry Potter's Opening nights. There was even a group of Ninja Turtles dressed up--never did figure out them. Their hint was "haven't you read Stephanie Meyer's Blog?" The movie was beautifully filmed with an obviously higher budget. I wish I could say I enjoyed it more than Twilight...but it seemed very scripted and less romantic and fun. They skipped a lot of the classic cute lines in favor of keeping up with a strict plot line, hmm. Music in the film was very so-so. Over all a fun date with Joe. We had teeny-boppers guessing at our age when we were quessing about their "Quote a Disney's movie" inline game. Go again soon. Hmm, I am not sure. Bonus: buckets of High School Musical popcorn were going for $1.00 and refills were also $1.00!

1 comment:

Jason and Jamie said...

That's great that you went to see New Moon the first night--I always wondered what that would be like. I'm going to go tomorrow, but don't have high expectations. . .