Friday, November 6, 2009

Butterflies

While our lives, like yours, are so busy in the happening that the days are flying by or draggin by betimes, "butterflies" have moved in. At first I was cautious. Is that really Baby? Baby are you in there? Bonks, nudges, flutters and swirls. Julie doesn't simply have indigestion. The highlight of my week came when Joe and I were watching a movie and the baby loved the popcorn and sweet Propel drink. Joe's hand was on my lower belly (which still looks fairly flat, thanks to my long torso and squatty legs.) Bonk, nudge, push. "Julie, was that the baby?" "I felt IT!" (Baby is still an IT until the ultrasound before Thanksgiving when we confirm his or her status). Hints: Susie says cryptically, "two babies--first girl then boy." (No, we are not having twins and it is hard to imagine doing this again right now). Motherly intuition? Joe would tell you I have none. I guessed a boy with Hannah. Rebekah's pregnancy and in-utero personality was so different, I though "boy" again. Wrong. By Jonathan, I didn't officially say. But I knew. With this one, I'm going with girl. Since, IT was not expected and we seem to grow girls. I hope to be delightfully surprised so Jonathan can get his long-awaited brother...of course, I will be delightfully surprised either way. (Psst. Jonathan, Santa Claus still doesn't bring babies).

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I always liked the first few times you could feel a baby move. Much more comfortable and pleasant than later on and there is no more room for the moving. I'll be excited to hear what you're having!

Unknown said...

julie--that comment is really from me--i didn't realize i was signed into my husband's account--

jamie

Tammy said...

Wow, it has been too long since I have caught up on blogs. A lot is happening with you guys. Congratulations on the new little one coming. How exciting! I love your soup can costumes. Very clever! I loved seeing all of the family pictures. I miss being around family.

Jenny said...

I loved feeling the baby inside me.
and isn't it funny what kids think about babies?

Ginny said...

my intuition has always been dead wrong. finally with the twins i guess one of each so i would for sure be at least partially right!!