Saturday, November 28, 2009

Girls Night Out, Dads Night In

Saturday night, I promised Hannah I would take her to see New Moon. Honestly, I was tired and went out of "duty." Hannah ordered a large drink (which never would have happened in my family growing up because movie concessions were considered an unwise use of money...a special treat for her). The popcorn was a deal at $.50 because we brought back in our High School Musical 3 bucket. Yea! I never saw the movie but the bucket has really saved us big! We went to the 5:00 matinee and there were eleven people in the entire theater. I was surprised that I ENJOYED the movie MUCH more this time. I could focus on the sets, emotion of actors, and music this time. A fun night. We drove Joe's "new to him" used Accura and I was a bit timid to drive it. Also, we drove way up and around the main ways to avoid the U of U vs. BYU game traffic on the way home. At home, Jonathan, Bekah, and Joe were going to watch Start Trek. Apparently, the children began quarreling and Dad enlisted the mutinies to do laundry. After a little while, they all drove to Jamba Juice and used a great coupon for refreshing smoothies to end a good (long) day.

No comments: