Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday

Susannah, our caboose, turned two today! We celebrated during the day by getting "ba-oons" (balloons), and eating party foods for lunch: making heart shaped cream cheese and raspberry jam sandwiches, pink milk (Strawberry Nestle Quick), and Cheetos! She opened a gift from her brother, Little Einsteins Fruit Snacks. She enjoyed blowing out two small candles. I hope more than anything else, she feels of the love we have for her. We are so grateful for her birth into our family! Susie is learning to do lots of things! She likes to call her siblings after I do (she is a great mommy echo). She is slowly learning to use the potty. (I.E. She will go in in it the morning for a treat--later that day we will see her sitting on the potty, pants on, diaper on, Onesie on...Must be wanting that treat pretty bad!) Her sisters tolerate her playing on the piano while they practice. She believes she is "not baby, big girl!" and gets very frustrated when the big kids want to play in the snow and shove her in the front door and shut it behind them or "play Spa" and she is not invited for lotions and massages, etc. She is a good little counter from one to nine--who needs ten anyway?! Her "I'm in a bad mood" words include: "No way!" and "Go away!" which delight the people in church as we take her out into the hall when she would like to be concert pianist in Gospel Doctrine Class. Most of the time she is our angel and very content and placid...except when her brother smirks at her or pretends he is a monster.

3 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

Fun birthday pictures! It sounds like Susie is doing so well! She's adorable!

Mom4ever said...

Hi Joe and Julie! It's Rachel (Hakanson) Jenkins...from way back in single's ward ('97?) I finally started my own blog and got it in my head to go searching for blogs of others I've known. It's so much fun seeing pics of everyone's families. Your kids are very cute! It's neat to see how they look like both of you. Now I get to go read posts... :o)
Oh, I don't have much on my blog yet, but there are a few pics of me & my family on a slideshow, if you'd like to see: http://alaskamom4ever.blogspot.com/
TTFN!

If Looks Could Quill said...

Hi Julie - I just found your blog through FMA. It's good to see your family. I also have four children - they sure do tend to keep us busy, don't they?

Our family blog is www.hotfudgebrownlee.blogspot.com

Rakkaudella,
Brenda (entinen Sisar Huber - your troublesome greenie!)