Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Scrooge and Cookies

Have I mentioned that Susie is many wonderful things but she is also a scrooge! She loves to sing, laugh, and "read books" but she is a real scrooge when it comes to giving kisses or hugs! Yep, she very rarely will voluntarily give one or the other...usually, it's a hug. Jonathan just ran up and gave me the last little vanilla sandwich cookie from the box of Austin's cookies and crackers. "Here Mom. These two are for you and Susannah!" "Are you sure?" I ask him. "Yes, I ate ALL the rest of them and I saved these two for you (plural)." Again I ask him if he doesn't really want the last one. (I enjoyed several after lunch already myself and am still feeling the guilt--no exercise, lots of mini cookies). "Yes, you have it because a mom is gooder than a cookie!" There you go! You have heard it. Moms are gooder than cookies and I do like cookies so moms must be pretty darn good!

3 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

That is so sweet! I'll have to remember that Moms are gooder than cookies!

Jenny said...

That is such a quotable quote!

Mom4ever said...

Very cute! He's got it right. :o)