Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where are you Christmas?

I have been thinking over this post for quite awhile...I am not sure how Christmas went from magical to mayhem. I have indeed "lost the spirit" over the last several years and really want to capture the magic again. (I suppose hormones and morning sickness five of the ten Christmases we have been married so far has not helped). This year I will vow to s-l-o-w down and savor my children and the magic that comes with the holidays. I want to remember why we celebrate this time of year. It is Jesus' birth and the light He brings this dark time of year that gives us hope. I will pray to have more spirit with me each day. light Snow? Where are you? (I am thankful to not drive in you). It does not yet seem like Christmas is coming without the snow. I will be put on outdoor clothes and try and find the joy in the cold, wet stuff with my little ones this year (cheerfully). What do you do in your family to feel "The magic of the holidays"?

3 comments:

Shalyse said...

I love going Christmas Caroling (although I haven't had anyone to go with for the past 6+ years). I love listening to Christmas music (those songs about Christ). I love playing the Christmas songs from the Hymnal on the piano. I love being with family and seeing manger scenes around town. I love giving and seeing the light in people's eyes when you give them a plate of homemade cookies or invite them over for hot cider or hot chocolate. I love snow and watching children play in it. This is a very happy time of year! Merry Christmas!!

Julie said...

Thank you Shalyse! Those sound like fun things to do.

Jason and Jamie said...

Singing Christmas songs really help us. I want to help my girls remember why we celebrate Christmas--that's something I'm trying to work on--but talking about it more, singing carols, and reading books about Christmas.