Monday, December 1, 2008

Abounding in Blessings

Today, I was thinking of the many blessings I am thankful for. Each day I will add some to my list. What are some of your blessings?
  1. A cozy house (I love the sound of the heater rushing through vents or from the gas fireplace).
  2. The chance to "act crazy" and dance with abandon with my "little billies." (Billie goats=kids).
  3. That there were no cars in the parking lot when Susie ran into the road while I was unlocking the car and putting groceries down...whew! My heart sure works well!
  4. Having a car that works. I had the battery replaced and stereo reset (anti-theft lock) today.
  5. Being able to run to my children's school (1 m. away, carrying 5 yr. old son)...I am stiff, but still have my health.
  6. Warm baths. Susie deciding to join me in the bath after hiding in my closet in her "no bafs" stage currently.
  7. Soft, warm beds.
  8. Library (free) Feliz Navidad Celebration with crafts, treats, fishing pond, and entertainment which was most of our FHE tonight. (Forgot the camera, dangit!)
  9. A wonderful husband who comes home to us!
  10. A man who likes out homemade (leftovers) Thanksgiving Turkey Soup.
  11. "Seal" (cereal--Cheerios) because it will be tolerated by a picky little eater (Susie) when Turkey Soup, mandarin orange slices (canned or fresh), meringue crust, chocolate pie, Jello, and toast just won't do!
  12. Liquid Advil which brings down Jonathan's 103.6 fever tonight (12/2/08) when he stumbles in our room compaining of hot ears at midnight.
  13. Dove Dark chocolates which are a "mouth party" on days when I do not have enough energy to be the kind of mom I want to be and turn into a "growling monster," who then has to repent and be an apologizing mother.
  14. (12/5)Kiddie Kandids and the fact that I can can my pictures and CD home with me on the day of the dreaded (and never perfect, Ugh!) Family pictures.
  15. The carolers who came to our house with a live lama and were collecting food donations for the Food Bank! Thanks for the great example of service for my children...They loved petting the friendly lama.
  16. For Rebekah who asked "Can anyone be Santa?" after our Family Testimony Meeting on Fast Sunday. When I mentioned that Santa has helpers, she countered with "Well, I would much rather have a Christmas without Santa Claus, then a Christmas without Jesus! It wouldn't be much of a Christmas without Jesus!"
  17. (12/14/08) Sweet Rebekah illustrated a card to Joe and I during church today with a plate, a teddy bear mug, a present, and garland on it. Inside (in he best handwriting...she is working on it) she wrote,"Dear Mom and Dad, thank you for everything you do. I want to thank dad, for going to work and to meetings snf to thank mom, for doing house work, taking care of children and most of all, just being my mom Love, Rebekah" (!) So sweet.
  18. I am thankful for Benedryl because Hannah is still set on her dream of riding Horses and horse lessons (if she can't own one) and she and Mom are highly allergic!
  19. (12/16/08) I am thankful for Linda P. and Valine for hand making felt socks which hold a mini-Christmas inside for my children and for their delicious homemade choicolates and original watercolor which now graces my vetibule.
  20. I am thankful to the Primary for organizing a spiritual, CHristmas program which involved teaching my children songs about the birth of baby Jesus and the real reason of Christmas. Hannah made a glorious angel and I helped R and J be great shepards...including stuffed sheep.
  21. SNOW! Thank goodness we got some today so we can (hopefully) enjoy a white Christmas!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love this! I should do one of these lists, too. Thanks for the idea!