Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Fun

Joe and I have been gone a lot lately with three work parties in one week! Monday night we dined with the executives at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I do not care for steak usually but this meat was divine! Tuesday night was the company wide party held at The Red Lion Hotel. We enjoyed going with my brother David and his wife, Hyea Won. (Dave manages the new system implementation.) The dueling Pianists entertained us and so did Joe when he was called up to be the Indian in the Village rendition of YMCA. (He was a natural I tell you!) Where is my camera when I need it!? (I'll have to try and download lousy pics from my phone.) Joe made this Gingerbread house with the children on Friday night. Susie sits gazing at the finished product. Hey, what happened to the right side of the Gingerbread house?..."Was a mouse nibbling, nibbling at my house!" (Hansel and Gretel) Saturday, we ate at the Gateway at the Happy Sumo with the Actuary Department. (We ordered one of their famous rolls, The Playboy: tuna, avocado, rice, crab meat, topped with sashami (raw tuna), special sauce, and golden fish eggs). A unique experience. The children got lucky when Doug and Andrea babysat them and they played in new snow, watched a Santa movie, made and decorated Gingerbread cookies from scratch, and had hot cocoa and Butter beer (like Harry Potter...it is a spiced apple juice with butter and cream served warm).

3 comments:

Ami Labrum said...

Thank you for sending me the link to your site. I've tried before, but it didn't work. Luckily it did this time. Your family is so cute! I can't believe how big they are getting. The last time I saw Susie she was a tiny baby. You are doing a great job.

Jason and Jamie said...

sounds like you had a lot of fun parties in a week! that sandwich sounds very interesting--i was ok with it until i read about the fish eggs! would you ever eat it again?

Jason and Jamie said...

i forgot to say--that i read that article on sleeping that you posted--it listed some great resources--it was nice to know a brief snyopsis to know which one sounded like it would help us. . . )