Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Not Fair (Hannah's Winter Festival)

Ever have those days when you run and run...it was one of those days. After babysitting my brother's boys, I got a call from Hannah at school. "Mom? Last weekend I had a REALLY important note but I forgot to bring it home because I had no homework. It was to remind you of a mandatory practice yesterday and this morning (she missed both, she was sick yesterday and slept in today) for the Winter Festival! It is tonight and I need you to get me a black skirt (?!) and white shirt to wear." That phone call began several phone calls to inform Joe to come home early and to try and find somewhere that sells black skirts! After putting children to bed, laying out dinner ingredients (thanks Melissa for putting in dinner), picking up girls from school, dropping them off at song practice and piano lessons, running to three stores and home for dinner...Then the drama began. "Rebekah, "Mom! It's not fair! Hannah gets new tights, new shoes, a new skirt and shirt for no reason!" Me "Rebekah, does Hannah have a black skirt or shoes that fit?" "No! But she shouldn't get presents for no reason!" You get the idea. I promised Rebekah a time to get her hair cut and glasses fixed (again) tomorrow. We all enjoyed the "Winter Festival" (Too bad that it isn't called a Christmas Choir Concert...must be politically correct, I guess). Susannah kept pulling on my arm to see Hannah close up and to say,"Han-nah, sing-ing, mue-gak (music), etc. That is why the film is soo bumpy).

1 comment:

Jason and Jamie said...

sounds like a crazy day! i can just imagine me having a similiar conversation with my girls in a few years. . .