Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Sweet Little Guy

My sweet little guy went out into the yard today and brought in a Sunday surprise! I love roses and the baby roses from which this little bunch were gathered are my Wedding Roses, bought in pots and used to line the steps up to the Art Museum where we held our reception.

Around the glass he has written a note with his creative spelling: "Mom is vary good. To mom. Moms make kids hapy. I love Mom. Mom makes me hapy (smiley face)." I have been serving in the Nursery of the ward for four months now. I enjoy playing with the little ones but find it an isolated, invisible calling. Being a stay-at-home full time mother I miss the Sunday adult interaction and spiritual messages from Sunday School and Relief Society.

Joe has been adrift (without a calling) at church and was pulled aside today by a member of the Bishopric and asked to join me in the Nursery. I couldn't stop embarrassing tears and so I ran to hide out in the nearby bathroom until they passed. How ridiculous. Crybaby. Of course we will serve the Lord among the little children He loved so much.

(This day was so reminiscent of us, in this ward, a decade ago, being called to be Nursery Leaders.) I am surrounded by little people whom I am learning to love and nurture all morning long, all week long--now on Sundays, with Joe, too.

3 comments:

Melissa and Matt said...

I agree that mothers that have young children shouldn't be called to nursery callings, because we deal with that all day everyday anyway. Sorry Julie.

Julie said...

Thanks you for commenting, Melissa. I agree. I need to just pray and get in the Nursery groove again. (We were Nursery Leaders in this ward eight years ago...) I went to a R.S. Social on Thursday and one of the older ladies said, "You weren't in church last Sunday but we spoke about William Clayton." Actually, I was. I was in Nursery, of course. Before that I was in primary...

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.