Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Little Princess and Her Funny Sayings

Little Princess has been saying funny things lately... Sunday morning she came into my closet where I was putting on Nearly Black nylons. "What are you doing?!" "I am putting on nylons. They are like tights or leggings for older girls." "Really?" She continues to stare and watch. "Seriously--that really creeps me out!" "Creeps me out!" she whispers under her breath as she exits the closet. (Later at church in Nursery a visiting girl named Coco sits next to me during the Lesson. She reaches down and pulls on my nylons--again and again, stretching out the gray spandex-like skin, a befuddled expression on her face). Earlier in the week, Princess is sitting at the preschool table eating snack with her other class mates. I look back. "No! I am not your girlfriend!" She jumps up from the table and stand behind the table--her hands out in front of her looking shocked. "Don't you know I am only four years old!? I am NOT seventeen. I am too young to have a boyfriend!" She sits back down. Drama Queen! I come over to the table and sit beside her. "Susie. Preston and Nathan are boys and they are your friends, so they are boy friends. You are right. You are too young to have a boyfriend but you can have girl and boy friends." Everyone goes back to eating snacks.

No comments: