Saturday, January 15, 2011

Catching Up

Some Random thoughts on my life right now... Run, run as fast as you can--you can't catch me I'm the (fill in the blank here) ______________ man! You might have inserted laundry, undecorating, decorating with a "snow" theme, organizing menus, using food storage, etc. and you would all be correct. I was going to take a picture Thursday of the most amazing icicle hanging from the side of our house in the sunshine and then later in the afternoon, gray clouds and a very bent and hanging rain gutter! Lesson learned: If you ever see a really neat, HUGE, icicle hanging from YOUR house--break it off and save your rain gutter. Joe drove home through his worst migraine ever and has been recovering this weekend (virus possibly?). He felt fine leaving work and got sicker literally by the minute. I gathered the children together and we all prayed for Dad to get home safely. Hannah and Rebekah called and went and slept over at their Grandparents Friday and Saturday night. It feel so differently with only three children. Us "ladies" had a bath together. This was because Susie fights baths worst than a cat (so she gets bathed twice a month--I know...bad parent...I all ready feel guilty about this one) and Eva is a sweet thing in the bath. We set Eva in a suctioned bath chair, which she hated because it did not allow her to get up or stand up. I scrubbed Susie's gray ankles and gently shampooed her hair, really well, and then we got out and conditioned and lotioned. Heavenly smells: baby Eva's shampooed hair and graham crackers. I am finally going to a personal trainer, Doug Ashton,to help strengthen my weak lower back which hurts almost all the time (standing, sitting, sleeping, holding the baby...). I look down at my body and do not recognize it as mine. So I put off being accountable for my body for long enough. I have also been purging some sad emotions left over from Eva's birth along with some wonder at all I am still learning. Eva's conception and birth were a miracle. [Her umbilical cord was 8 inches and wrapped around her neck. The average umbilical cord length according to a Yale Study is between 23.6-27.5 inches. Also, the typical thought is the shorter the cord the lower the I.Q. So far, Eva is nine months and three days and is crawling, pulling up on toys and couches, babbling consonants, and trying to keep up with her siblings.] At our Stake Conference last week (church with visiting authorities), I was stuck with a thought after Elder Gonzalez spoke about how if we have faith and share our plans with Heavenly Father--He can make more of our lives and dreams than we can alone. Martin Luther King Day (a holiday from school) will be "Mom cracks down on children to clean and organize their messy rooms and does more laundry day." I enjoyed catching up on your blog posts today but my silly computer will not let me comment (I tried many times). Thanks for sharing your lives, books, projects, recipes, parenting experiences with me.

3 comments:

Jason and Jamie said...

how is it going with your personal trainer? hopefully you will see some success! i know what it is like to feel like your body is falling apart. that is amazing about the details of eva's birth--she is really a miracle and sunshine for your family!

Julie said...

Jamie,
I will comment on your blog and here as well--just depending on if you will see it.
Things were going slow with the PT in the beginning. I met with him for my fifth time today and he mentioned that I am all ready more flexible and stronger. Also, much less back pain. I still cannot hold her and move...which I love to do (hold babies that are small and cuddle). Eva has a fun, calming, peaceful presence in our family. How is everything going with yours?!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.