Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tagged by Jamie

Ten Years Ago... I was more than half way through my first year teaching Sixth Grade at Copper Hills Elementary School, Granite School District in Magna, Utah. The contract was to teach from July 28, 1997-July 2, 1998 (Extended year, Extended day. I taught "C" track). It does indeed feel like another lifetime ago. I was pregnant with my first baby. I made many life changes that year (1997-1998). 1) Graduated from BYU in EL ED (4/97) 2) Got married (5/97) 3) Bought a house in Kearns (SW Salt Lake) 4) Went to Russia/Finland for 10 days 5) Got my first full time job 6) Had a baby (5/98) 5 Things on my To Do list: 1) Journal funny children's sayings 2) Get Blog caught up 3) Laundry--I need Troll Helga's magic soap and wax (Tommie DePolla) 4) Take Children around town to pick up their various school "awards" from fast food places 5) Vacuum house! 5 Snacks I enjoy: 1) Whole Wheat crackers with cheese, cucumbers, and tomatoes 2) Yogurt parfet 3) Quesadillas with salsa 4) Fresh fruit and vegetables 5) Dove dark chocolate squares 5 Foods I love: 1) Popcorn 2) Grilled Salmon 3) Butternut Soup 4) Cafe Rio's Grilled Chicken Burrito Enchilada style 5) Dryer's Frozen yogurt What I would Do if I became a Billionaire: I would love to own our own home! I would like to be free of any debt and able to put money away in children's college and mission funds. My husband would be able to retire early and we would be able to spend more time traveling with family and writing. With Joe writing at home, I would love to go back to school and get a Master's Degree. I would like to be able to make a backyard with waterfall, interactive playhouse, and teeter-totter. * Favorite Family Recipe: Hawaiian Haystacks This recipe gives a lot of choices, is fast and easy to make, and our children love it! 2-4 cups cooked white or brown rice Combine, whisk together, and heat through: 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup (not diluted) 1 Tablespoon lemon juice 1 Tsp. Curry (Opt. 2 Tablespoons pineapple juice) Prepare desired Toppings: Chinese noodles Shredded cheddar cheese pineapple tidbits diced tomatoes diced green, red, or yellow peppers diced scallions sliced celery frozen peas, corn, or mixed vegetables warmed Roasted peanuts, cashews, or sesame seeds, etc. Serve: Begin with base of rice, add chicken sauce, put on cheese and toppings of choice, enjoy! 5 Places I have Lived: 1) Provo, Utah 2) Novosibirsk, U.S.S.R. 3) Kuopio, Finland 4) Mount Scopus, Israel 5) Kearns, Utah Favorite Quote of the Day:

Quotation is from Joseph Smith, as quoted by Joseph Fielding Smith.

"Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it; and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God. . . . "... [A]s God has designed our happiness—and the happiness of all His creatures, he never has—He never will institute an ordinance or give a commandment to His people that is not calculated in its nature to promote that happiness which He has designed, and which will not end in the greatest amount of good and glory to those who become the recipients of his law and ordinances." (An essay recorded in the Journal History [HC5:134-35] Aug. 27, 1842) TPJS:255-56; DGSM:27 I tag Melissa and Rachel!

1 comment:

RJ said...

That was a very fun post and I will be very happy to share my own fun stuff. I actually just got "tagged" but another friend too, I'm supposed to share 7 things most people don't know about me. Maybe I'll combine them...

Your recipe was perfect, I've been wanting new recipes and I hadn't thought of hawaiien haystacks in forever. My mamma used to make those occasionally. And I like your healthy snacks too. Have I mentioned I wish we lived closer? I think we could be great friends!