Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nursing Adopted Babies & BYU Traditions Ball

(April 12, 2008) This morning I went to a LLL Utah seminar on Nursing Adopted Babies and Helping Pregnant Mothers in Labor to begin a successful breastfeeding experience. I write this only to mention that yes, a woman who has never given birth can breastfeed her adopted child and also parents that have permission are now able to nurse foster children in Utah. Thought seeds planted. Contact your local LLL leader with questions if this is your desire. Later, this evening, Joseph took me out to the BYu Tradtion's Ball. We hired a sitter and had fun going to dinner at the Chef's Table (formerly Restaurant Roy) and then enjoyed the dancing, dancing classes, refreshments, and entertainment at this new alumni tradition. Look on page 10 and 11 of the photos for our picture. (Joe help me download pictures here please).

1 comment:

RJ said...

Um that's like the coolest thing ever! I always wondered if mom's were allowed to nurse foster kids. I always had to admit only to myself that I would do it and lie about it if they told me I wasn't allowed. Hee hee. Now you know my evil secret!!! :) Really, that is awesome though. I'm sure it is quite a challenge to nurse an adopted baby, it is a good thing mom's who want to have good people to help support them in such a good-hearted endeavor! And btw, I meant "hang out" friends. Blog friends and see each other once every couple years is cool and all but in person friends would be even better. Thanks for your posts!