Sunday, April 13, 2008

Finished at last?

Today, I was telling our next door neighbor Jim Burr that I was about finished with our construction project. He told me that a construction project is never finished. He also reminded me that any project takes two things: more time than anticipated, and more money than anticipated. Well, there are still numerous things to be done, but I guess that is always the case. Julie was gone yesterday, so I felt like I could use all the stinky finishes to get stuff done: Polyurethane for the wood, and a special sealant for the stone. Here is what it all turned out to look like, with a few comparisons of what it was before:
Front of the house, this used to be the breezeway doors.
The old look.
Front doors from the inside.
The old look. Kinda spooky! Computer nook. We were originally going to have this be a reading nook, but decided it was a nice open place to have computers. Another angle, computer nook.

2 comments:

Matt and Melissa said...

Wow! Looks great! I can't believe how different it looks! Strong work!

Jason and Jamie said...

The changes look great! I'm sure your enjoying them!