Sunday, August 5, 2012

Today I woke up sick--sneezing, sore throat, climbing fever, kind of sick.  Thank you, Eva.  You are so sweet, we will try and not be too upset you gave me your cold (and it feels like I was hit by a Mack truck!)
Faith, Tylenol, popsicles and lots of tissue--that's what is getting me through.

Yesterday was Michael's funeral and a very long day.  I really enjoyed the two friends' talks by Keith Jacobson and Senator Mike Lee.  Also, the song I was leading (I am a Child of God, all four verses) sounded better than I thought it would--thanks to a practice during the viewing with Melissa, Stu, and Joe.

In the evening (after my daytime nap), we ate dinner and then spread a blanket on the floor, brought together a big bag of mini chocolate bars and Tootsie Rolls, and began to read The Chocolate Touch aloud.
What is better than chocolate for bringing serotonin and peace after a trying day, right?!

I did not count on chasing Eva down so often as her naked little hiney whizzed around the corner time and time again and her little potty is quite loud on the kitchen wooden floor--oh well.  She had no nap and so we gave her a little lea way.

A funny thought came to me at the Viewing last night.  God is merciful and though hard for us for Michael to pass right now--better for him.  He had not lost all his dignity to this debilitating disease, yet!

The day before--my silly heart struggled to "turn over" and "right itself" after laying down with Eva for a long time to put her to sleep on my left side.  When I got up and took Hannah across town, my heart was beating funny and full of pressure--I thought I was having a (mostly painless) Heart Attack.  When I Googled things, it turns out to fit a condition called MVP--Mitral Valve Prolapse.  This is a genetic condition that Mike (probably) had and my Mom.

Doctor Gordon Harkness mentioned that this may even be so intense becuase I halved my thyroid medications and it is TOO LOW and my heart is working hard while dormant.  Cardiologist are very hard to get into so we may have to get in through the ER.

This has added yet another lay of pressure on this early pregnancy.  Oh well, Proverbs 3:5-6 right?


2 comments:

Davey said...

Holy Toledo Julie. I can't quite find anything to say. You are amazing and I am so glad to have you for an example. AND, I never got to wish you congratulations on your new little bean growing! Now, we just have to figure out how to get together. I'm coming to SLC in October for Davey's sister's wedding (he's marrying them, what a trip!), when is your kids' fall break? Maybe I can hire your older girls as babysitters so we can go be free women together???? :)

Julie said...

Dear Rachel,
Whew! Please forgive me--we've been out of town hosting the Campbell Family Reunion in Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco) Mexico this past week and the month has flown by!
Fall Break is scheduled for Oct. 11-15 this year. I think Rebekah would be up for the baby sitting job. (Hannah has "commitments" with JV Ballroom and is all ready very teen age busy at 14! Crazy.)
I would love to get together and meet your newest little beauty. (I've actually never met Joan in person). Hope all went well with Scott's funeral. We are praying for Jenny and Dallin and his daughters.