Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Picture Day

This morning was school picture day. Actually, it was Retake day. It brought up bad memories of your own school picture day, didn't it?! Anyway, it entailed me getting four little ones dressed in something clean and somewhat similar, washing faces, doing hair, finding the lost hair flower, finding the lost picture packet, etc. You get the idea. Speaking to my scout, "It's school picture day. (I am helping him take off the dirty knit shirt he has on and putting another clean shirt on over his head while saying this)." "Please just wash your face and your glasses, and fix your hair and you'll be done!" I say. His response, "Whaaa-ht!? I don't want to wash ALL that!" *Sigh*. After getting back from the school I am out $86 for two children's school packets and a simple head shot of the other two preschoolers. Princess smiled, even after practically crawling into my pants while waiting for her turn in front of a line of students, for a piece of bubble gum I had promised her she could chew after her photo. Too bad gum bribes don't work for baby! (Or maybe they would--no, I won't even go there yet!) Baby sat with trepidation and the guy waited so long to say anything (insert "smile!"?) that she got scared and then teared up until the lights flashed. Her photo is of her looking up-not smiling-not bawling either. Ahh--what $20 will buy! Reflecting on this day, I hope looking back at these school photos in frames on the bottom of the bannister, it will all be worth it!

No comments: