Thursday, February 18, 2010

Susie and the Snowball

Susie got up early and was "playing" in her room so I slept in. I came downstairs to see her night-gowned little figure outside the window on the front lawn. She was wearing a nightgown and pink boots. She was by the rear of the AllPro Cleaning Truck. I run to the door and call to her. "Mom,... I've got this." Susie looks down into her hands. "A ball." "Yes, Susie, that is a snowball." "Yes, and it needs to stay outside (and you need to come inside and get dressed!)" "Okay, I'll leave it right here so it can find it's friends!" she says as she gently puts it on the front doormat and comes inside and closes the door. "My hands are cold!" Susie says looking down. Audible gasp, "Ooh, they're melting! What am I gonna do!? (Said very dramatic). Maybe I could wipe them." She heads down the hall to the kitchen for a towel. Later** I notice a blue balloon wrapping by the front door. Yesterday, I noticed that one of the children took the frozen water balloon out of the freezer and placed it outside by the doorstep. Susie must have found it and unwrapped it. Can you tell I haven't spent enough time outside with her this Winter? She was murmuring about getting her coat on and making a snowman.

1 comment:

Katy said...

She is such a sweetheart. She has such big pretty brown eyes!