Monday, July 20, 2009

Summertime Happenings

So much has been happening around here that I am woefully behind blogging. I will (hopefully) post about July 4, Jonathan's 6 birthday, and Rebekah's 9 birthday (we celebrated today at Hogle Zoo). Joe and I saw the movie, One Night With the King (2006), a big budget adaptation about the story of Esther. I loved this film! (We checked it out at our local library...I would recommend it. It is rated PG and makes a good date movie). I have also viewed several Mormon DVD films lately and would like to comment on them in the Memorable Movies Section: Beauty and the Beast: A Latter-day Tale, The Errand of Angels, Rescued. Currently, Joe and I are reading aloud the fifth book on Greek Mythology for Young Adults by Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian. (I highly recommend the entire series...It begins with a book called The Lightening Thief about a ADHD, dyslexic boy of a single mom who learns he is a "demigod," son of Poseidon, and sent to train at Camp Halfblood to save the world from the mythological monsters). I am listening on audio book, Robert Jordan's Fifth book, The Fires of Heaven from the Wheel of Time Series. (He is a genius author--His books rival Harry Potter book 7 in size, per volume, and there are eleven of them and a prologue book and so they can be a time investment. Good audio readers). Hannah and I were talking the other day. I realized that I listen to more audio books these days and less music or silence while working because I am too tired. Some narrators and much of the music I own is too sedate to keep my interest of late. How is it that with all our time saving devices, I am continually at odds with time? There is never enough of it these days! I run in slow motion, at the same time, my children are caught in a time warp and growing up too fast! Soon to come up dates on the Shakespearean Festival and Cedar City (Mini-vacation and culture, hopefully). God bless you and I hope you are all having a wonderful summer! School starts August 18 for us around here. (That's two days earlier than last years early date!). Too soon and yet...maybe then I can get what I was going to do this summer done. And potty training.

1 comment:

Jason and Jamie said...

I know what you mean about being against odds with time--I"m always feeling like that or when I have time I lack the energy.

We like chili sauce on scrambled eggs too. Hopefully the rest of the summer won't go by too quickly!