Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Very Happy Valentines Day

t Sweet Joseph got up early and let me sleep late with Susie. (Great to have a holiday on a Saturday!). I knelt by the bed and began saying my morning prayer when Susie opened the door to our bedroom. There was a *gasp* followed by a "Ooh, Juwee...Oh, oh Juwee...Gook (look)!" I opened my eyes. The back side of the door was covered in heart love notes. Love notes were written on stickynote heart shaped papers stuck all over the house and included: I love you; Sina, Mina ja Kuu (off a Finnish postcard I once mailed him); Olet Rakas (he forgot how to say in in Finnish); Ich Leibe Dich; The Lord Bless You and Keep You (Deut. scripture); XOXO, You're Awesome! ( hot, a great cook, etc). The children helped Joe decorate the table in hearts and candies. Joseph made omelets with sauteed red peppers, onions, mushrooms and cheese for brunch. He bought each child a small box of chocolates (I think to save the big box of chocolates for us!) He bought different types of flowers that were fun to arrange and share. (It is nice the girls' daddy remembers them with candy and flowers too!) He also bought me a pin with a dozen small roses on it and a small tin of cinnamon mints and a Big Hunk and Symphony bar. He also wrote me a very sweet poem and note (I have been hinting that I miss his writing for quite awhile now). I treasure his writings. New double wreaths for the new doorway (two doors). Jonathan London's book, What do You Love? is an old family favorite on our Valentines and Snow books bookshelf. (Currently, my little shadow Susie is talking into the other computer mouse and using it like a phone held up to her ear..."Say Hewo (hello) Momma...Kank ew (thank you)...Some grapes Momma? Sure! Okay, good-bye Gramma. etc.) Hope you all had a very Happy Valentines too! [It wasn't all rosy around here--I got a viral ear infection on Thursday morning and it threw a kink in plans to deliver cookies and cards around the neighborhood secretly...We mostly ate the cookies by ourselves, with a few exceptions. How sad! Recipes to follow.]

2 comments:

Mom4ever said...

Cute pics - what fun surprises from your sweet guy! (It's too bad about the ear infection though.) I loved the "You are my brand of chocolate!" note. LOL!

Our kids got little chocolate boxes too. The older ones had no problem polishing off their four pieces of candy. The two-year-old tried determinedly to enjoy all of hers at once but, to her GREAT dismay, she was gagging on the sugar overload by her third piece. I had to laugh.

Jason and Jamie said...

Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day!