Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dad Clayton's Example

Joe and I both come from wonderful parents. On Sunday, he had me read a quote Madison Galland gave in his Elder's Quorum lesson he wrote down in his Blackberry: Most Human Beings have a good heart and they are trying to do right. If we are frustrated with someone it is often because they haven’t made the same progress we have. We need to look at them and say that they are doing the best they know.” Madison mentioned that this was a particularly important (life-changing) moment to him when Dr. Clayton told him this. Also, a visitor to the quorum pulled me (Joe) aside afterward, and told me he knew Dr. Clayton and what a wonderful man he was.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Your Dad IS amazing. He has a gift of making EVERYONE feel special. I think my Mom met him only once and she still thinks he is incredible. Must have been super awesome to have him as your actual DAD!