Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Jonathan's Fifth Birthday

Jonathan celebrated his fifth birthday today! (He is still celebrating with "I, Spy" as I type this). I stayed up (too late) and put out some presents and balloons for him to wake up and discover. Also, some raspberry filled doughnuts for breakfast--a special treat! We met Grandma Clayton for a picnic of "Happy Meals" from Wendy's with cousins at Aunt Lisa's house...(She was at the dentist--none too happy either). He watched Dora the Explorer's new movie (thanks library) with Lucy, etc. and I helped out. On the way home, Jonathan and Susie fell asleep and so Miss H and friend waited in the a/c car and I bought all J's favorites for dinner: Oscar Meyer cheese dogs, watermelon, Sun chips, Gummy Lifesaver's (flubber gummies), fesh blueberries and stawberries, cream and angel food cake. I went back to get a thank you treat for a boy up the street that helped shovel out snow last winter and broke down and got some soda "in cans" as Miss H had suggested. Putting it up on the counter, one can fell on the floor and instantly busted open and began spraying me...on the legs, shirt, stomach, etc. The cashier stopped checking the next aisle and said," Ohh, ohh, ohh...I have never seen anything like that!" I had trouble stopping to laugh (blushing) and scoop up the spitting can to find a garbage before I was showered in Raspberry cream soda! Murphey's Law. Found a deal on "Jimmy Neutron". Jonathan was happy Jimmy and friends outwitted the aliens in the end. (This movie is on a five year old level or so). A Great Day for a great guy!

2 comments:

Becca said...

As I was reading this, I thought, "Could Jonathon really be five years old already?" And then I realized that he was born around the time Emily was and she is five, too! They sure grow up fast.

Jason and Jamie said...

It sounds like Jonathan had a great 5th birthday! I'm sure he'll rememeber it!